07 Mar 2012, by @pilif
This is it!
The screws are screwed in, the dust is brushed off, the hamsters are fed.
Thehelpr is ready for public consumption.
Over the last two years we worked on thehelpr (on and off), we have
- completely revamped the backend from node.js/redis to a more traditional Rails/PostgreSQL combination
- Designed not one, not two, but actually three user interfaces
- Designed two backend user interfaces for account management
- Tweaked, tuned, thrown away and tuned again.
- been running thehelpr prototypes in production for multiple larger websites.
But above all, we had a lot of fun.
Now that the baby is ready for the public, we hope that you will have as much fun using thehelpr as we had making it and using it for ourselves as the documentation tool for our eCommerce solution
As we said a long time ago, we initially developped thehelpr to scratch our own itches. In the end though, we liked the outcome so much that we decided to make it useful for everybody - not just for us.
It took two years to move from a solution that worked perfectly well for us internally to something we want others to use. Two years of learning, of coding, of throwing stuff away. Two years of making thehelpr better and better, but above all, easy to use.
What a ride.